Monday 5 August 2013

Review of Always You by Erin Kaye


In 1992, Sarah and Cahal meet at University and plan to spend the rest of their lives together, it is love at first sight and they are certain that they will never be apart. However, Sarah’s family believe that Cahal is not suitable for her and she is forced to choose between her family and her boyfriend.

The novel then jumps forward twenty years to 2012 and we see Sarah as a career woman with two children and divorced – but not from Cahal. The two have lost touch and we have to work out what happened between them and just why Sarah’s family hated Cahal so much. A chance meeting brings Sarah and Cahal together twenty years later and it is evident that there is still a spark between them, but is it too late for their romance?

Always You is a compelling and emotional book that had me hooked straight away, it is a story of love, loss, hope and loyalty. The chemistry between Sarah and Cahal is strong and believable from the very beginning and it was interesting to see how their lives had worked out. There are lots of twists to the plot that really kept me on my toes. It’s a wonderful love story that I highly recommend.
 
This is the first book by Erin Kaye that I have read and I loved it! I will definitely be looking out for more books by this author.

Thank you to Avon for sending me a copy to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment