Wednesday 29 May 2013

Review of Out of Sight Out of Mind by Evonne Wareham


I really enjoyed Evonne Wareham’s debut novel  ‘Never Coming Home’ last year and was looking forward to reading her second novel for Choc Lit.

‘Out of Sight Out of Mind’ is a haunting novel that I found addictive to read.  Dr Madison Albi is a scientist with a special talent – she can reads mind. When she comes across a homeless man, Madison instantly feels a strange connection unlike anything she has experienced before. I really warmed to Madison’s character and felt like I knew her by the end of the book.

The homeless man is known only as Jay and has virtually no memory. You can feel the tension between the two characters straight away. At first, I wasn’t quite sure what to make of Jay’s character and kept wondering whether he was exaggerating his memory loss.

This is a passionate love story set against a world of secrets and technology.   I particularly loved the mind reading aspect of the book, as this is something that I have not come across in a novel before.

There are so many twists and turns in the storyline that I really had no idea what would happen next. This is a great novel that I would recommend to anyone who likes romance, mystery or paranormal literature.


Thank you to Choc Lit for sending me a copy to review

1 comment:

  1. Both of Evonne's books have been keepers for me Sarah. Very addictive :)

    Great review.
    Shaz

    ReplyDelete