Friday 3 May 2013

Review of Good Husband Material by Trisha Ashley


I’m a big fan of Trisha Ashley and absolutely loved her last book ‘Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues’. As soon as I saw a copy of Good Husband Material, I immediately fell in love with the gorgeous cover and was eager to read it.


From the outside Tish has the perfect life, she has a husband that even her mother approves of, works from home and has just bought a beautiful little cottage in the countryside. So, why is it that Tish feels like something is not quite right? Then Tish’s first love Fergal moves into the manor house in the village and changes everything. Fergal is now a famous rock star and is someone whom Tish has not seen for years. I liked the way that we learn about Fergal through his comments in the media.

 Trisha Ashley delicately weaves marital problems into a fun storyline in a lovely country setting – the setting reminds me very much of a village close to where I live. Ashley’s style of writing hooks the reader straight into the storyline and I soon found myself trying to guess what would happen. This book was actually first published back in 2000 and there are parts where this is evident, such as the lack of internet but it didn’t make it feel dated at all.


This is another winner from Trisha Ashley. It’s warm, funny and addictive to read. I certainly did not want to put it down until I got to the very end.

 5 stars

 

Thank you to Avon for sending me a copy to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment