Thursday 28 June 2012

Review of Chelsea Wives by Anna-Lou Weatherly





Last week I escaped the rain on a week’s holiday to Italy. I always like to plan what I am going to read when I’m away and had been keeping Chelsea Wives at the top of my list. I definitely was not disappointed. From the moment we took off I had my nose in the book and did not want to put it down.

Chelsea Wives tells the story of three glamorous ladies who lunch. There is Imogen, an ex-model and long suffering wife of Sebastian Forbes, Calgary a former fashion editor who finds herself having to turn a blind eye to her husband’s indiscretions far more than she wants to and Yasmin, Lady Belmont-Jones who is not all that she seems.

Weatherley takes the reader into a world where mind numbingly expensive shopping sprees, long leisurely lunches and glamorous photo shoots are just everyday life. However, the ladies show that they’re more than just a pretty face when they hatch a plan to get revenge on their scheming and deceitful husbands.

I loved reading Chelsea Wives, it is gripping and I was hooked from the very first page! There are some hilarious moments that will leave you laughing out loud.
I was surprised to see that this is Weatherley’s first foray into the world of adult fiction (she has previously written two novels for the teenage fiction market). This is a fantastic debut novel that I would highly recommend.

Thank you to Avon for sending me a copy to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment