Tuesday 13 March 2012

Review of Priceless by Nicole Richie




Priceless is a modern day ‘riches to rags’ tale. Charlotte Williams is a Park Avenue princess who has always had everything she ever asked for. Suddenly her life is turned upside down when her father is arrested for fraud. With no other family, Charlotte flees to New Orleans, but how will she survive without everything she has become accustomed to?

I must admit I wasn’t sure what to expect from this book, but I actually really enjoyed it. The novel is told in short chapters, which give it a fast paced feel and made me want to keep reading. In fact, I only sat down to read a couple of chapters and ended up glued to the sofa until I had finished the book! There were also some great twists and turns in the storyline that I hadn’t been expecting.

I really warmed to Charlotte’s character. At first, I felt that I would dislike her, but my opinion changed a lot as the story progressed. I loved Kat’s character and thought that she was very witty. 

Overall, I would recommend this as a fun, light read. Perfect to take on holiday.

Thank you to Harper Collins for sending me a copy to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment